Friday, March 4, 2011

February 2011 Disc

I usually make a CD of the music I've been listening to for the last month.  I started doing this in college and make at least a few a year.  I have made a disc for each of the past few months because I've actually been home and have the time to devote to it.  Here is the February list:

1 - Mann feat. 50 Cent - Buzzin' (this is a great leadoff dance song)
2 - Kings of Leon - Pyro (a little slow for a second song on a mix, but it's so good it can hold its place)
3 - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - My Oh My (tribute song to the late Dave Niehaus)
4 - Rihanna - S&M (Kate was quite shocked at how dirty this song is)
5 - Smith Westerns - All Die Young (heard this on XMU; they're playing Sasquatch)
6 - The Kills - Satellite (the first song from their new album; planning on going to their show on 9 May @ Showbox SoDo
7 - Peter Bjorn & John - Second Chance (their new album is much harder than their previous two)
8 - The Decemberists - This is why we Fight (good tune finally not part of a rock opera; was this album not released on vinyl?  No where to be found except for over-priced limited editions)
9 - Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello (heard this on BBC One and I think I heard it on a commercial during the Oscars as well)
10 - The Twilight Singers - On the Corner (waiting to hear more of this album before I buy it)
11 - Cake - Long Time (saw them perform this on Letterman)
12 - Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Diet Coke uses this song for their most recent commercial)
13 - The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness (good to see them back again)
14 - Ra Ra Riot - Boy
15 - Jimmy Eat World - Coffee and Cigarettes (I didn't think they had anything left to contribute but this song is really good)
16 - Skillet - Awake and Alive (Evanescence knockoff)
17 - The Last Royals - Crystal Vases
18 - The New Devision - Starfield
19 - Chad Valley - Up and Down (these last two songs are both KEXP Songs of the Day and sound remarkable similar to one another)

The January disc is better than this one, but all months can't be equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment